Thank you so much to everyone who submitted – submissions for the York Literature Festival 2019 are now closed.
Local Groups & Authors – Invitation to submit
for a performance slot in the 2019 Festival
The Board of Trustees and Festival Director of the York Literature Festival (YLF) are currently making plans for the 2019 Festival scheduled to take place between 15th and 30th March 2019. This year we are planning on making use of York’s many fantastic venues to host events put on by local writing groups and authors, which will be featured in the YLF brochure alongside all of the other Festival events.
This is an invitation to both individual writers and literary organisations local to York to submit proposals to staging their own events as part of the Festival programme. These can include (but is not limited to) prose readings, book launches, short plays, open mics, storytelling for children, or presentations by writer’s groups wishing to showcase their work. It can also be an event by a single author who wishes to do an individual event of their own, however, it’s important that they have a book to promote and sell at the event.
Submissions should be made through the completion of this YLF19 Submissions Form (Local Groups & Authors), along with the requested supporting information additions, and sent as attachments to ku.oc1539758354.lavi1539758354tsefe1539758354rutar1539758354etilk1539758354roy@g1539758354nimma1539758354rgorp1539758354.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 15th October 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you, and do spread the word!
Festival Director York Literature Festival
- If your submission is successful it will be the responsibility of the artist/group to promote their event to the public.
- YLF social media outlets and the Festival brochure will also be used to advertise the events generally.
- Successful applicants will work with a Board member who will steer you through the process and who will be in attendance at your event to introduce it.
- Any equipment needed for your events will not be provided by the York Literature Festival or by the venue.
- On the day, you will need to provide people to assist with the event and help manage your audience.
- All events will operate a ‘Pay on the Door’’ system. This must be decided by the group/individual. It’s strongly recommended that this is between £1.00 and £5.00. Any money raised will be yours to keep, YLF will therefore not be paying artists.
- Please remember that the spaces for events are generously donated. Respect the venue and its staff.
- Submission does not guarantee inclusion in the Festival programme.